Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Tunes + Beer + Acid + Mirrors does NOT equal a Led Zepplin Concert

    Yes, this may sound like I've just had a flashback to the 60's and am about to embark on an illegal vacation but unfortunately that isn't so.  I've just gotten back from running around to pick up my essential tools for tonight's mystery project courtesy of Mandi over at Vintage Revivals.

    This chica has a crazy life but somehow manages to accomplish the most amazing upcycled vintage DIY projects I've ever seen.  Simply a-freakin-mazing and she actually finishes them! They're not half-ass done like most of the crap in my garage!


Acid Etched Mirror Vintage Revivals


    I visit this particular page on her site at least once a week drooling over her acid etched mirror mural creation.  Not only is some variation of this project going to be the centerpiece of one of my walls, but I'm also narrowing down some craptastic headboards with mirrors at the Gooldwill to turn my bed into a traveling vintage time machine of badass-ed-ness!  (FYI, if you live in the Dallas area I've cleaned out all of the mirrors until next week so good luck mwahahahah)


Acid Etched Mirror Vintage Revivals

   So, for my first half day off in awhile, I farted around town to get all of the necessary supplies to begin this adventure and it's now 6pm (huh, go figure I guess I got distracted) and I'm about to make a go at this.  I'll post pics of how mine turned out but don't wait until then to get the itch to try this thing.  Check out her complete tutorial here and while you're there, you'll definitely want to stop by and look at the ever-so-popular Anthro-inspired teacup lamp tutorial.


You can totally see you kicked ass in the awesome category. Anthropologie can suck it!

Mandi @ Vintage Revival's Version
Anthropologie's Version









VS.














I'm now off for some Zepplin...er, I mean Zen time in the garage!

-LAWisecup

No comments:

Post a Comment